My Mobility

Hello everyone, having multiple sclerosis is complicated in itself but being overweight really complicates things!  I was extremely overweight when first diagnosed back in April of 1998 but I was very actively mobile.  As the years passed, I began noticing my ms was slowly progressing and affecting my legs.  With the near future and uncertainty of it all, I knew one thing; I had to start using mobility aids plus lose weight to help my body adjust to the daily leg weakness and drop foot which seemed to be a cruel reminder of how my life has changed.  In the midst of losing weight by cutting all sweets off the menu, I had to become accustomed in using mobility aids in public, in front of friends and family.  Many of my friends couldn't believe I was using a rolling walker, they didn't really know how to react to this new me.  My family tried to act the same around me but I did notice more "babying" over me especially from my mother.  I knew she couldn't help it-she's my mom.  Over time my mobility aids became second hand to me; my cane, rolling walker and wheelchair became a daily part of my life using them indoors and out.  I advise any of you who are dealing with mobility problems to truly consider getting a mobility aid, I found this site very helpful in viewing and purchasing such aids:  http://astore.amazon.com/ml0cf-20

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change the affect.

What a great family.